City of San Antonio, Marbach Road
For the first phase, BMB was responsible for the design of plans, specifications and cost estimates for improvements to the street, drainage, sidewalks, traffic signals and utility coordination along Marbach Road from Military Drive to Loop 410. The approximate length was 5,800 feet. BMB also prepared the plans for relocation of a 36” CSC water transmission line and 12” PVC water line. This section of Marbach is in front of John Jay High School which created some challenges to the traffic control plan. The project typical section used the complete streets model, integrating pedestrian and bicycle traffic to the corridor. The storm sewer system had to fit into the congested utilities corridor. BMB met each challenge and solved them to produce a successful project in the end. The second phase includes drainage improvements from Military to West of Rawhide.
Phase I Project Details
- 2 – 14-ft wide outside lanes (Bike Accommodation Lanes) with curb and gutters
- 2 – 12-ft wide inner lanes
- 14-ft wide intermittently raised median with left turn bays and / or center turn lane and 6-ft wide ADA compliant sidewalks with wheel chair ramps.
- Reconstruction of Driveway approaches and Intersecting Streets
- New Pavement Construction including Concrete Pavements (Bus Pads) at VIA Bus Stops
- Reconstruction of Traffic Signals at Meadow Way Drive, John Jay High School, and at West Edge Drive intersections, and School Zone Signals
- Installation of two Pedestrian Crossings for John Jay High School
- Installation of Concrete Storm sewer Trunk lines, Curb, Grate Inlets, Manholes, Junction Boxes and Laterals.
City of San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas