Bain Medina Bain (BMB) is a Minority, Hispanic American, and Small (MBE/HABE/SBE) South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (SCTRCA) certified engineering and surveying firm based in San Antonio.
We provide a diverse range of professional civil engineering and surveying services to clients throughout Texas. The firm is also certified as a Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) by the State of Texas.
Since 1959, BMB has been known as a trusted partner with an established reputation with City, County, and State agencies. In addition to these agencies, our client base includes private and commercial developers and educational entities.
For 60+ years, our civil engineering, smart designs, and state-of-the-art surveying/scanning help to make the communities we live in, and travel throughout effective and safe.
The firm’s history dates back to:
- Original founder Henry Bain joined, Lodal and Associates in 1959 bringing his dual expertise in civil engineering and surveying to the firm. In 1964 Henry was asked to become a partner and the firm was then renamed Lodal and Bain, Inc.
- In 1992, Pamela Bain stepped into the role of President/Chief Executive Officer combining expertise to form BMB with firm’s principal managers, Carl Bain and partner Raymond Medina.
- In December of 2020 the BMB leadership underwent a change in management. Hernan Jaramillo now serves as President, Carl Bain as Executive Vice President, and Lori Dullnig-Warlen and Gregorio Lopez as Vice Presidents.
Shareholders include Cassio Conceicao, Martin Palacios, Russell Rincon, and Lorena Carter.
BMB has successfully managed thousands of projects since 1959.
Our most recognized clients and projects throughout the years include:
- Alamo Community Colleges District (ACCD)
- City of San Antonio (COSA)
- COSA On-Call Howard Peak Greenway Trails
- City of Kirby City Engineer
- San Antonio Water System (SAWS)
- Texas Health and Human Services (THHS)
BMB has been recognized throughout it’s history with awards for projects, the company, and employee recognition.
Our most recent awards include:
- 2022 – Best Places for Working Parents
- 2021 – Best Places for Working Parents
- 2021 – San Antonio Express-News Top Work Places
- 2021 – San Antonio Business Journal Top Civil Engineering Firms
BMB has a staff of over highly experienced and dedicated personnel that are ready to engage and assist in any project necessary. Our team includes:
7 – Professional Engineers (PE) /
CE&I Certified (COSA) and 2 with
Local Government Project
Procedures (LGPP) Qualified
2 – Engineers-In-Training (EIT)
1 – Graduate Engineer (GE)
4 – Engineering Interns
1 – Registered Professional
1 – Chief of Parties
4 – Party Chiefs
2 – Survey Crew
1 – Survey Admin. Assistant
4 – Computer-Aided Design
1 – Subdivision Platting and
1 – Construction Engineering &
Inspection (CE&I) Manager
1 – Marketing & Business
1 – Marketing Admin. Assistant
1 – Human Resources
1 – Controller
1 – Administrative Supervisor
1 – Billing Specialist
1 – Information Technology (IT)
1 – Receptionist