Bain Medina Bain (BMB) is a small, minority-owned engineering and surveying firm based in San Antonio providing a diverse range of professional civil engineering and surveying services to clients throughout Texas.
Since 1959, BMB has been known as a trusted provided with an established reputation with City, County and State agencies. Our extensive client base includes private and commercial developers, educational organizations, municipal, county, state and federal governmental agencies. For 60 years, our smart designs and state of the art surveying/scanning help to make the communities we live in, and travel throughout, safe and friendly.
The firm’s history dates back to:
- Original founder Henry Bain joined, Lodal and Associates in 1959, and brought his dual expertise in civil engineering and surveying. It was until 1964, that Henry Bain was asked to become a partner and the firm was then renamed Lodal and Bain, Inc.
- Over 20 years had past and in 1992, Mrs. Pamela Bain stepped into the role as President/Chief Executive Officer. Combining expertise to form Bain Medina Bain, Inc., with firm’s principal managers, Carl Bain, PE, and partner Raymond Medina, RPLS.
- Most recently in December of 2020, the BMB leadership underwent a change in management under Hernan Jaramillo, PE, CFM, LGPP, now serving as President and Carl Bain, PE as the Executive Vice President, which includes Vice Presidents: Lori Dullnig-Warlen, PE and Gregorio Lopez Jr., RPLS.
BMB has successfully managed over various projects since 1959.
Our most recognized set of projects throughout the years are the following:
- Alamo Community Colleges District (ACC)
- City of San Antonio (COSA)
- COSA On-Call Howard Peak Greenway Trails
- San Antonio Water System (SAWS)
- Texas Health and Human Services (THHS)
- BMB has been awarded over the past 10 years for various projects, company, and employee recognition.
Our most recent awards include:
- 2022 – Best Places for Working Parents
- 2021 – Best Places for Working Parents
- 2021 – San Antonio Express-News Top Work Place
- 2021 – San Antonio Business Journal Book of Lists
BMB has a staff of over 34 personnel that can be ready to engage and assist in any project necessary.
7 – Professional Engineers (PE) /
CE&I Certified (COSA) and 2 with
Local Government Project
Procedures (LGPP) Qualified
2 – Engineers-In-Training (EIT)
1 – Graduate Engineer (GE)
4 – Engineering Interns
1 – Registered Professional
1 – Chief of Parties
4 – Party Chiefs
2 – Survey Crew
1 – Survey Admin. Assistant
4 – Computer-Aided Design
1 – Subdivision Platting and
1 – Construction Engineering &
Inspection (CE&I) Manager
1 – Marketing & Business
1 – Marketing Admin. Assistant
1 – Human Resources
1 – Controller
1 – Administrative Supervisor
1 – Billing Specialist
1 – Information Technology (IT)
1 – Receptionist